2021 EHA-HSL Tryouts
EHA 2021 ID Skates:
When applying please include the following:
First and Last Name
Date of Birth
2019-20 Last years team, division
To apply for the 2020/2021 season please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Eagles Hockey Academy is one of the original founding members of the HSL. We are excited to announce that an additional 2011 team will join the HSL for the 2020-2021 season! There is a chance that a 2012 team will be announced to play in the 2011 Minor Division.
EHA's goal is to provide an alternative option to traditional minor hockey for young players throughout the Edmonton and surrounding areas. By practicing two to three times a week, complemented with on off ice training session at our EHA Development Centre our program has everything your child needs to develop and grow in a fun competitive environment. EHA has a track record of developing their young players both on and off the ice with strong core values that help these young athletes develop personally and athletically. The coaches are focused on personal skill development to the best of each player's ability while starting to implement and teach the team game. The team takes a multi-year approach and strives to keep the core of the team together for several years to allow the players to develop together.
About Hockey Super League
Founded in Edmonton, Alberta in 2017, the HSL is an alternative to Minor Hockey for players born in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005. The HSL is not a registered league with Hockey Canada or Hockey Alberta, we are independent of these organizations. We believe that hockey is defined by the people who play the game.
League Mission Statement
- To provide youth hockey players an environment to showcase and progress their individual skills within a team setting
- To establish a culture and partnership for its member organizations based on continual improvement for its athletes
- To uphold the highest level of sportsmanship and team play, while maintaining all stakeholder’s competitive passion and love for the game
- To develop player confidence and leadership qualities on and off the ice
- To provide a safe and positive work environment for all officials, athletes, families, arena staff and volunteers
All stakeholders in the Hockey Super League will work in collaboration to create an environment to establish the following core values in its athletes:
- Work Ethic
- Respect for teammates, opponents, and officials
- Season: September 2020 to March 2021.
- Practices/Ice Sessions: 2.5 / week (approx. 60-65 in total)
- Cross-Functional Off-Ice Athlete development: 1 / week (approx. 25 in total)
- 8 HSL Showcase Weekends (4 games/weekend) = 32 Games
- 1 Final year-end HSL Championship Weekend Tournament = 4-6 Games
- Exhibition Games: 3-4 planned
HSL Player Registration Package includes:
- Helmet, Gloves
- Game Jersey, Pant Shells, Socks
- HSL Practice Jersey
- Hockey Bag
- Hoodie, Dryland Apparel
2020/21 HSL Season TBD. $750.00 deposit is due upon team acceptance and is non-refundable.
For further program information, please contact Craig, Director of Hockey Operations: (c) 780-975-0660